Work with MedModus
Senior Software Engineer
MedModus™ is a growing healthcare software and performance improvement start-up based in Dublin, Ireland. We provide comprehensive, cloud-first business intelligence and decision support solutions to hospitals and other healthcare organisations. We are passionate about the place of analytics, data science and change management in improving quality of care. We pride ourselves on measurable benefit delivery for customers.
After successfully securing a €1M investment, MedModus has been investing in new decision support products, which are obtaining significant traction. As our first senior software engineer, you will be developing existing and new applications that comprise our MedModus suite of applications. You will have the chance to influence our product strategy, having a direct input into our aggressive product roadmap. You will be working directly with our CTO who leads product design and architecture and will also collaborate regularly with our outsourced development team.
You will also work with a team of skilled senior business analysts, BI experts and data scientists that understand the healthcare sector inside-out. You will have the chance to help us identify and work with cutting edge cloud services, expand your systems and software architecture skills, and develop your experience in developing solutions targeted for the health sector.
You are a senior software engineer with at least 6 years of working experience. You are an ambitious self-starter with a good knowledge of .NET development and software engineering. Understanding of cloud computing, BI concepts, machine learning and statistics are a plus.
You are an innovator who enjoys exploring new ideas and the latest in cloud and .NET development. You have good interpersonal skills, are confident in your ability and relish the rapid advancement and increased/varied responsibility that joining a growing start-up company will bring. You have the ability to collaborate with the business through product design, from requirements to features.
A BSc in computer science or other related field is required, and having a Masters or another equivalent post-graduate accreditation in a similar area is a definite plus.
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer
- Short Description of Duties
- Play an instrumental role in the development of MedModus suite of applications
- Develop BI and Decision Support Systems tailored specifically to the healthcare sector
- Become MedModus’ Scrum Master
- Work closely with the CTO, who acts as the lead architect and our outsourced development team
- Collaborate closely with the business to brainstorm new products and features
- Work with the latest services in Microsoft Azure
- Expected Qualifications and Experience
Academic and professional
- 3rd level qualification in computer science, software engineering or related technical field
- A masters degree or equivalent in business or a related technical field is a plus
- Scrum master certification is desirable
- Experience with TOGAF is desirable
- Full-stack developer
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Good documentation skills
- Experience with agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, XP)
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Proficiency in .NET CORE (specifically C#)
- SQL Server development
- Node.js, REST API and Web Socket experience a must
- Additional, desirable Experience
The following technologies are not essential and you could learn it in the role, but having previous experience with any of these will be a plus:
- Previous experience in the healthcare sector
- Experience with cloud computing service platforms (e.g. Azure and / or AWS)
- Experience in developing progressive web applications and in modern UX design
- Experience with data visualisation libraries such as D3, C3 or High Chart
- Previous experience with the HL7 protocol
- Experience w/ NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB) and other unstructured data platforms (e.g. Hadoop)
- Reporting Lines
- Reporting to CTO
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus scheme
- Pension and health insurance
- Potential to join company employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
Apply for this position via LinkedIn.