BI For Operational Excellence
Reducing Emergency Department boarding by 25% during winter season
About Naas General Hospital
A Business Intelligence platform was needed to bring cross-hospital performance visibility to unscheduled and pathways, allowing NGH to see the full picture, allocate resources effectively and drive operational efficiency.
- Multiple disparate hospital systems including PAS, ED, Casemix Coding and theatre systems – all with manual data collection requirements
- A lot of data, no data warehouse, limited information and performance insight, poor management reporting capability
- Limited IT resources and BI expertise.
“MedModus’s platform was deployed in four months and has provided NGH with state-of-the-art BI. The company’s healthcare knowledge and responsive managed service approach is key to supporting service improvement in NGH.”
Brian Kearney, Operations Manager, Naas General Hospital
How MedModus Helped
MEDMODUS brought performance transparency to emergency and elective patient services, unlocking insights to improve planning, productivity and accountability.
MedModus’s solution includes:
- Comprehensive BI Portal dashboards
- Email paginated reports
- Excel access to data models
- Self-service BI with helpdesk managed service support
Accredited Analytics training
MEDMODUS helped NGH achieve a 25% reduction in Emergency Department boarding in the winter months following implementation.
Elective service improvements are also being delivered using MedModus’s waiting list decision support system module, fCast™.